Monday, August 15, 2005

More Samples of Acts of Immolation as Victim Soul

Someone shared a suffering he is experiencing, which is for now situational--a temporary situation. I explained that he could offer himself to Jesus as a Situational Victim Soul. He wasn't convinced. While I had explained the concepts, and he has read about victim souls, he might be hindered by having read about the rare victim souls who experience unusual, supernatural phenomena. Well, even the most incidental of Victim Souls of the Sacred Heart could experience supernatural graces. However, as we have discussed, receiving is not the point or goal. The goal is expiating for sins and making reparation to Jesus' Sacred Heart. The goal is to unite with Jesus and help Him save souls (including our own). It is to live out Jesus' invitation: Take up your cross daily and follow Me.

I must work harder at this business! I must tell Jesus that I am sorry that I am not getting through to some of my friends! They don't take it seriously and thus waste much suffering which could alter the course of their souls, other souls, of the negative events in the world.

Here where I write at Panera (a priest said this is my "Bethlehem"--house of bread) I met a young woman who suffers. In the course of conversation, she objects to the term "victim." I will write about this term more and pray that it won't continue to be a stumbling block for people. I will write about how Jesus is the Divine Victim. But first, I will offer more sample vows for those who see the good of offering themselves and their sufferings to Jesus and want to proceed.

[Ah, right now is another example of how much could be offered to Jesus' Sacred Heart! A woman who works here is cleaning the tables. A group of two mothers and their children just left--a noisy, messy gang. The worker came over to begin her job of cleaning the debris. She tells me just how horrible the messes can be--so unnecessary that parents and children be rude and disrespectful of property. She doesn't need to go further; I have observed. It is a suffering. This worker wants to do a good job and wonders if she is making any progress. I tell her she is uplifting the world by doing her best. I hope to get to know her better and explain how she can be a Situational Victim Soul and offer the suffering of cleaning messes of needlessly slovenly patrons. Her offering can make reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.]

The following are samples of vows which people can make or use as examples in order to write their own. The time, place, witnessing, signs of commitment, and whatever else seem helpful may be agreed upon by the soul, a spiritual director, and Jesus. The actual work may begin immediately and then proceed in the way of holiness.

Act of Immolation: Situational Victim Soul

Dear Lord Jesus, Who suffered and died on the Cross as Victim of Love for my sins and the sins of the world, I desire to unite with You and to offer all the situations in my daily life which are crosses for me. I offer to suffer with love, the challenges and trials of my personal life, my family life, my work life, my social life, and my spiritual life which come situation by situation.

I offer these crosses to You, my Jesus, with the same intention that You offer and sacrifice in the variety of situations in which You suffer and endure for souls. Please accept my humble and sincere offering for love of You, and use it to make reparation for my sins, the conversion of sinners, for holy Church and all Her priests, and whatever else You desire.

Please accept this act of sacrifice through the aid of Mary and in union with the sacrifices of her Immaculate Heart. Please accept me as a Situational Victim Soul of Your Sacred Heart, imperfect and untrained as I am. I trust that You will lead me to more perfect love and union with You through the power of love with which I make this act of immolation. Amen.

Act of Immolation: Supportive Victim Soul

O my Jesus, how deeply I see and feel in the sufferings of those around me, the very sufferings that You experienced from persecutions, hardships, agonies, scourging, carrying the heavy cross, being nailed to its beams, and dying by crucifixion. I see You in these suffering people, and I suffer in compassion with them and in small part with You through their sufferings.

I offer my compassionate sufferings for [may mention specific suffering souls or in general such as those who are slaughtered in the womb of their mothers] to You, my Jesus, with the same selfless, loving intention that You offer and suffer for souls. Please accept my humble and sincere offering for love of You, and use it to make reparation for my sins, the conversion of sinners, for holy Church and all Her priests, and whatever else You desire.

Please accept this act of sacrifice through the aid of Mary and in union with the sacrifices of her Immaculate Heart. Please accept me as a Supportive Victim Soul, that I might assist in Your work of helping the suffering to bear their crosses. I promise, with Your help, to teach those who suffer how to offer themselves, also, as victim souls of Your Sacred Heart. I trust that You will lead me to more perfect love and union with You through the power of love with which I make this act of immolation. Amen.


Act of Immolation: Imminent Victim Soul

Dearest Lord, Who suffered and died on the Cross as a young man wrenched suddenly from Your holy and public ministry, from Your loved ones and friends, I thank You for Your perfect sacrifice to atone for my sins and the sins of the world. I desire to unite with You and to offer my life as it could be brought to a sudden suffering and death without warning.

I offer any fears or lack of heroic suffering in the event of my unexpected death to You, my Jesus, and beg of You graces to suffer and endure as You suffer and endure for souls. Please accept my humble and sincere offering for love of You, and use it to make reparation for my sins, the conversion of sinners, for holy Church and all Her priests, and whatever else You desire.

Please accept this act of sacrifice through the aid of Mary and in union with the sacrifices of her Immaculate Heart. Please accept me as an Imminent Victim Soul of Your Sacred Heart, imperfect and unprepared as I am. I trust that You will lead me to more perfect love and union with You through the power of love with which I make this act of immolation. Amen.

Act of Immolation: Secondary Victim Soul

Dear Lord Jesus, Who suffered and died on the Cross as Victim of Love for my sins and the sins of the world, I desire to unite with You and to offer all the on-going sufferings which afflict me but which do not, thankfully, hinder me from an active life. I offer to suffer with love, the challenges and trials of this affliction, for however long in endurance or depth.

I offer the tedium, the constancy, the limitations, the long-range difficulties and implications of this suffering to You, Jesus, and ask the grace to suffer with patience and also in gratitude for what I am able to do. Please accept my humble and sincere offering for love of You, and use it to make reparation for my sins, the conversion of sinners, for holy Church and all Her priests, and whatever else You desire.

Please accept this act of sacrifice through the aid of Mary and in union with the sacrifices of her Immaculate Heart. Please accept me as a Secondary Victim Soul of Your Sacred Heart, imperfect as I am. I trust that You will lead me to more perfect love and union with You through the power of love with which I make this act of immolation. Amen.

Act of Immolation: Primary Victim Soul

Dear Lord Jesus, Who suffered and died on the Cross as Victim of Love for my sins and the sins of the world, I desire to unite with You and to offer my life of suffering which seems to be the vocation for which I am called and chosen. Help me to trust and to look to You always for the guidance and graces in order to imitate You daily in carrying the cross to Calvary, in suffering, and eventually in death.

I offer my temptations to doubt, hopelessness and anger. I offer my helplessness and attempts to struggle loose and flee this life of suffering. I offer any ingratitude for this vocation of suffering. Please accept my humble and sincere offering for love of You, and use it to make reparation for my sins, the conversion of sinners, for holy Church and all Her priests, and whatever else You desire.

Please accept this act of sacrifice through the aid of Mary and in union with the sacrifices of her Immaculate Heart, and accept me as a Primary Victim Soul of Your Sacred Heart, imperfect, frightened and weary as I am. I trust that You will lead me to more perfect love and union with You through the power of love with which I make this act of immolation. Amen.

[Note: Primary Victim Souls are encouraged to making the longer, formal Act of Immolation which is suggested on the previous post, unless a personally written act is preferred and approved by a spiritual director.]







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home